Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'll Show you what $10 can get you...

I stopped by the card shop after work today to pick up some boxes, and decided to browse through the $2 and $4 card binders before I left. I also thought ahead and made sure I had some cash in my wallet. That pesky $10 minimum check card purchase rule has gotten the better of me on more than a handful of occasions...not this time. I need to save my monthly card budget for the card show I'm going to on Saturday down in Tacoma. I think it's only 20 tables, but it'll be the first one I've been to in probably 15 years, so I want to maximize my buying power. That sounds ridiculous.

Well, I found the boxes I needed and on the way to the register I found these...these three cards totalled $10. Sweet!

2004 SP Legendary Cuts Significant Swatches #PM Paul Molitor

My first game-used bat card. I never have luck finding Brewers relic cards in blasters, so I'm forced to buy them at shops. I'm not complaining, though. This card is awesome.


2004 Leaf Certified Cuts #233 Robin Yount 



Not in your exclusive club really, not a relic card but it IS numbered...




2005 UD Hall of Fame Cooperstown Calling #CO-RY2 Robin Yount 



Yes, this one is numbered too! And not out of 599, either...



All said and done, $10 and three awesome cards to add to the collection. And to make matters even better, I came home to find out that Milwaukee signed righty Braden Looper to a one year, $4.75 million contract with a mutual option for a 2010 extension. Half the cost of Gagne last year, and even with 14 losses he almost tied our previous ace Ben Sheets in wins at 12. One could almost say, any pitching addition is a good pitching addition for the 2009 Brewers. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Card shops and card shows save a lot of money over blasters and packs; you get what you need, and...no clutter! The Molitor is especially neat.