Sunday, March 1, 2009

Updates...

It's been a busy weekend, so I haven't had any time to sit down and write, er, blog. I spent some time with the wife doing some churchy stuff, spent a few hours and a gallon or two of gas checking all the Target, Walmart, and card stores within a 20 mile radius searching for any sign of 2009 Topps Heritage (no luck), and this entire afternoon was devoted to sorting my huge ass box of 1990 Fleer and 1992 Topps cards preparing for a trade, and catching up on sorting that needed some doing.

I did receive a sweet looking J.J. Hardy card from Bat Ray North West over at Weekly Box Break (he also does a Reds card blog). He sent it without any request for a trade in return, so to him I say thank you. Check out his box breaks, he takes the time to do all the individual scans and that's always better than the lazy 9-card full page scan. And send him any of the newer cards you come across, he has to deal with the censorship of the great state of Utah, which probably limits his access to the new releases by a good 4-5 months. Damn his Reds and their causing of the Prince Fielder/Manny Parra nastiness from last season...well, we still have Bill Hall and as the Brewers' broadcast crew puts it, he's a "Reds Slayer". 

In other news, as promised (and a bit delayed) the trades for Night Owl, Johnny, and Saints of the Cheap Seats will be on their way tomorrow.

By the way, I think I have over 3,000 1990 Fleer cards. How the hell did THAT happen?????

4 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

sorting and organizing takes way more time than I ever thought it would. I think JJ is in for a hell of a season. In fact, the more I look at the Brewer's roster, the more I like it.

And your 1990 Fleer is my 1989 Topps. I have no idea where the hell they all came from.

night owl said...

Your 1990 Fleer is my 2006 Topps. The problem is I know EXACTLY how it happened. And so does my wallet.

Canucklehead said...

Ouch dude, burning Canada not once but twice in your list (Expos and Blue Jays) If you weren't a Brewers fan...

Motherscratcher said...

Oh, BTW, I never get tired of the Lebowski references. Well played sir.